RUST-OLEUM CombiColor Metal 7300 / 7400 coating for longer lasting metal protection - is primer, undercoat and topcoat in one, based on a urethane modified alkyd, providing good drying properties at low temperatures
May be applied directly to stable (not loose) rusted steel.
Available in Smooth (gloss) Satin or Matt finishes - NOTE: Matt finish is only available in Black and White
- Brush-on Combi Colour - longer lasting metal protection. 3-in-1 (primer, undercoat and topcoat combine).
- May be applied directly to stable (not loose) rusted steel.
- One-coat hiding.
- Better obliteration, high coverage = 25-26sq mtrs per 2.5ltr can.
- Combicolour. 2.5L 7311 Metalic
- The product contains rust-inhibitive pigments and is lead and chromate free.
- Colour: For more information follow this link: http://www.123maintenance.com/cms/publish/content/downloaddocument.asp?document_id=16
- RUST-OLEUM CombiColor Metal 7300 / 7400 should be applied on bare, manually derusted or with CombiPrimer Anti-Corrosion 3369 / 3380 primed steel.
- CombiColor Metal is intended for brush and roller application and can be applied by air spray
- RUST-OLEUM CombiColor Metal 7300 / 7400 offers corrosion protection in a light industrial environment.
- For metal structures in a more aggressive industrial environment, prior application of a RUST-OLEUM CombiPrimer Anti-Corrosion 3369 / 3380 is recommended.
SURFACE PREPARATIONRemove oil, grease and all other surface contaminations by alkaline or high pressure (steam) cleaning in combination with appropriate detergents. Remove rust scale, loose mill scale, loose rust and loose coatings by scraping and wire brushing to St 3 (ISO 8501-1 : 1988) light blast cleaning or sanding. Sand old intact coatings to roughen the surface in order to establish a good adhesion. The surface must be clean and dry during application. Galvanised, Zinc and Aluminium surfaces have to be primed first with CombiPrimer Tack Coat 3302.DIRECTIONS FOR USETo ensure homogeneity, coating materials should be thoroughly stirred prior to use.APPLICATION & THINNINGBrush: Up to 10 vol. %; RUST-OLEUM Thinner 7301 Use natural bristles, long hair brushes Roller: Up to 10 vol. %: RUST-OLEUM Thinner 7301. Use short nap, poly-amid (Perlon) 6-12 mm rollers. Roller application may require 2 coats to achieve Recommended dry film thickness. . Air-atomised spray: 10-25 vol.%; RUST-OLEUM Thinner 7301 Gravity cup and pressure cup Tip size: 1.0 - 1.5 mm Atomising pressure: 2 - 4 har Cleaning: Use RUST-OLEUM Thinner 7301 or RUST-OLEUM Thinner 160.APPLICATION CONDITIONSTemperature of air, substrate and coating material between 5o and 35oC and relative humidity below 85%. The substrate temperature must be at least 3oC above dew point.REMARKSMaximum dry film thickness per coat: 75 microns dry, equals 135 microns wet. To avoid inhomogeneous appearance with aluminium colored coatings it is recommended to spray 7311 with HVLP CombiColor Metal 7300/7400 can be recoated with 7300 Aerosols within 4 hours or after 72 hours.SAFETYConsult Safety Data Sheet and Safety Information printed on the can.SHELF LIFE / STORAGE CONDITIONS5 years from date of production in unopened cans, if stored in dry, well ventilated areas, not in direct sunlight at temperatures between 5C and 35C.
- Appearance: Smooth High gloss. Satin. Flat (black and white only)
- Density: High gloss/flat: 1.07 kg/l. +/- 0.09 depending on colour Satin: 1.22 kg/l/ +/- 0.10 depending on colour
- Solids Content: High gloss/flat: 54.6% by volume +/- 2.0 depending on colour Satin: 50,6 volume % +/- 2,0 depending on colour
- Viscosity: High gloss/flat: 104 - 108 KU / Krebs Stormer Units at 20oC Satin: 86 - 91 KU / Krebs Stormer Units bij 20oC
- Recommended film thickness: 55 microns dry, equal to100 microns wet VOC-content: 439 g/l max
- Ready-to-use mixture: 495 g/l max
- Category: A/I EU Limit values: 600 g/l (2007) / 500 g/l (2010)
- Drying Times To touch: 1.5 to 3 hours, To handle: 6 to 16 hours, To recoat: After 8 to 24 hours, Full hardness: 5 to 14 days
- Heat resistance: 90oC (dry heat) at elevated temperatures discoloration may occur
- Coverage Theoretical: 10.3m2 /l at 55 microns dry, depending on colour Practical: Practical coverage depends on many factors such as porosity and roughness of the substrate and material losses during application.