- The sealing of rigid asbestos within buildings which is sound, firmly adhering and not subject to mechanical damage, in particular rigid asbestos in locations which are concealed and difficult to access, such as service ducts, roof and ceiling voids.
- Also used to seal in difficult-to-remove, firmly bonded asbestos and loose isolated fibres remaining after primary rigid asbestos removal has taken place.
- Effectively prevents the release of asbestos and other fibres into the atmosphere by encapsulating them.
- Permanently bonds residual asbestos fibres, after primary removal, to the surface to which they are attached or upon which they lay.
- Helps prevent surface spread of flame on non- combustible surfaces.
- Can be used in conjunction with Thermoguard Timbercoat or Wallcoat Intumescent Paints to upgrade combustible surfaces to Class 1 and Class 0 insulating "intumescent" barrier coating and Thermoguard flame retardant paint.
- A sealer coating based upon a unique adhesive-grade resin, highly plasticised for outstanding flexibility to withstand normal movement within a building and to the components within a building and incorporating Flame Retardant additives.
- Water based, solvent free, low odour, it is safe and easy to use.
COLOUR AND APPEARANCE
- Mid sheen. Available in white and pastel shades. It is recommended that the colour be chosen to contrast with surfaces to be coated to assist in ensuring adequate coverage.
APPLICATION AND SPREADING RATE
- Apply one coat Thermoguard Asbestos Encapsulating Coat at 5M2 per litre by brush, roller, airless spray or HVLP spray. For ease and to coat inaccessible areas we recommend use of an extension arm on the spray unit. For air-assisted spray, apply two thinned coats at 10M2 per litre per coat. Ensure a continuous film has been created. NOTE: If to be used in conjunction with Thermoguard Timbercoat or Wallcoat, apply directly over the Timbercoat or Wallcoat, in place of Thermoguard Flame Retardant Paint. FRIABLE ASBESTOS Friable asbestos that is impractical to remove should be sealed with one coat of Thermoguard Asbestos Encapsulating Sealer applied at 15-20M2 per litre prior to application of Thermoguard Asbestos Encapsulating Coat.