- Universal rust inhibiting primer for all paint types –
- Will not dissolve or break down when high solvent paints are applied to it.
- Penetrates and stabilises the surface, forming a solid stable layer that other coatings can firmly adhere to.
- Pigmentation offers increased protection and perfect film-forming qualities.
- Easy to use, no need for sanding or sandblasting.
- Use on new or rusted surfaces – interior and exterior.
- High temperature resistance up to 175 °c.
WHERE TO USE
- C.I.P. (Corrosion Inhibiting Primer) is recommended for all severe environmental conditions: marine or tropical climates, corrosive fumes, protection of motor vehicles, construction equipment and ballast tanks of ships as well as every day items i.e. railings, gates….
- The C.I.P. is especially recommended where a high resistant paint or two-pack finish (urethane, epoxy, chlorinated rubber, synthetic,...).is to be applied or necessary.
RECOMMENDATIONS BEFORE APPLICATION
- Shake or stir paint well before and during use.
- Do not dilute.
- Remove all loose and flaking rust, mill scale and old paint back to a sound surface using a wire brush or scraper. It is not necessary to remove all firmly adhered rust.
- Surfaces exposed to chemicals (salts, acids, alkalis...) should be washed with water or steam cleaned.
- Severely contaminated surfaces should be cleaned using the appropriate solvent.
- Before application, ensure surface is clean, dry and free from oil, grease and other surface contaminants.
- With the C.I.P. sand or shot-blasted surfaces do not require immediate priming; a light rust coating will not affect its performance or the final result.
- Coverage : 15m²/l
- Application tools : brush - roller - airless spray
- Application temperature : +5°C to +30°C
- Drying : 6 h. Recoating time : 72 h. (min)
- Clean-up : White-Spirit
- Container size :0,5L - 2,5L - 20L
For more information follow this link: http://www.owatrol.com/index.php?langue=en&page=produits-rustol-cip