CIP (Corrosive Inhibiting Primer) is a rust inhibiting primer which is suitable for finishing with both single and 2-pack paints and finishes. It contains the anti-corrosive properties of Owatrol Oil which enables it to stabilise the surface by penetrating deep into the substrate, driving out excess moisture and air to form a solid stable layer.
CIP is easy to use and does not require sand or shot blasting first. It can be used on both new and rusted surfaces – both interior and exterior and is fine for use on horizontal and vertical surfaces. It will not dissolve or break down when even high solvent paints and finishes (urethane, epoxy, chlorinated rubber, synthetic, etc.) are applied to it and the pigmentation provides enhanced protection and perfect film-forming qualities. With Owatrol’s CIP, sand or shot-blasted surfaces do not require immediate priming as a light rust coating will not affect its performance or the ﬁnal result.
Ideal uses for CIP rust inhibiting primer
- Outstanding for high performance in severe conditions such as marine or tropical environments
- Resisting corrosive fumes
- Protecting motor vehicles
- Avoiding rusting on construction equipment
- Protecting ballast tanks of ships
- Inhibiting rust development on every day items such as railings and gates
- Perfect protection where a high resistant paint or two-pack finish is necessary
- Priming steel superstructures
- Outstanding adherance on clean bright steel