Floetrol is a water-based paint conditioner which makes interior and exterior emulsion and acrylic paints including coloured wood stains work more like oil-based paints. It helps to improve paint flow and workability and allows the paint to adjust to more difficult conditions such as hot, cold and windy environments. Arguably most importantly, it helps to eliminate brush and roller marks by improving the flow of the paint giving a much more professional finish and helping you to make progress more quickly.
Unlike damaging paint thinners or water, Floetrol does all this without affecting the inherent qualities of the paint and without affecting its colour. When used in a paint sprayer, Floetrol allows up to 20% reduction in pressure without affecting the spray pattern or performance and helps to prevent clogging and wear and tear on tips.
Ideal Uses for Floetrol
- Exterior painting in hot, cold or windy weather
- Using a paint spray gun – Floetrol helps to extend it’s life by reducing wear and tear
- Helping paint to flow with no brush and roller marks
- Reducing roller pressure and preventing paint build up at the ends of the roller
- Providing a spray-like finish when rolling
Floetrol is milky white in colour and as such cannot be used in clear varnishes.
Do not add Floetrol to oil or alkyd based paints including glycerophtalic paint, for these paints use Owatrol Oil to achieve the same results.