A rust inhibiting primer preventing the risk of corrosion suitable for use on interior and exterior ferrous metals
- Formulation Solvent-based
- Pack sizes 2.5L, 5L
- Colour range - Buff
- Coverage Up to 9m² per litre on smooth surfaces of average porosity
- Touch dry 2-6 hours dependent upon temperature and humidity
- Recoatable 6-16 hours dependent upon temperature and humidity
- Thinning This product should not be thinned.
Application Key benefits
- Inhibits rust
- Prevents the spread of corrosion
- Provides excellent adhesion
- Generally resistant to heat up to 90°C
- For use on interior and exterior metal surfaces
- To get the best results make sure the surfaces to be painted are sound, clean and dry. (New surfaces particularly must be fully dry.) In the case of iron and steel, remove all loose scale and rust by thorough scraping and wire brushing. Leave new shiny galvanised metal to weather and become dull before priming with the Metal Primer Zinc Phosphate, or use a metal primer that is suitable for use on new galvanised metal. After suitable preparation, the normal recommendation is to apply one coat of Glidden Trade Primecoat Metal Primer Zinc Phosphate, followed by the appropriate Glidden Trade finishing system. After use, remove as much paint as possible from brushes before cleaning with white spirit.