- A single pack high build, silicone alkyd based undercoat and finish.
- Properties and Areas of Use
- Easy application.
- Good anticorrosive barrier properties when used in a protective paint system.
- Excellent durability and weathering resistance.
- Dry heat resistant in pale colours up to 125°C, dark colours up to 175°C and aluminium finished up to 300°C (some discolouration may occur).
- Conforms to BS 5493 parts FU2A.
- Department of Transport item N° 74.
- Technical and General Information (material at 20°C) Colour Range BS 4800 and RAL (other colours possible on request) Sheen Level Semi gloss Specific Gravity 1.14 Solids by Volume 54% Dry Film Thickness Range 50 microns Theoretical Spreading Rate 10.4 square metres per litre at 50 microns DFT (loss factors will apply in practice) Surface Dry 4 hours Overcoating Interval 16 hours minimum Maximum unlimited Storage Life 12 months minimum Flash Point (Abel) 38°C Suitable Surfaces Steel substrate suitably primed and clean. Previous suitable coat dry, clean and abraded as necessary