Owatrol Primall is a fast drying interior primer for the blocking of unknown stains and the priming of difficult surfaces.
Why should I use Primall?
Owatrol Primall blocks and hides stains caused by water, fire and smoke damage, nicotine, food (such as ketchup or mustard), felt pens and more!
When used on porous surfaces, Primall will help to stabilise the surface and prevent shadowing on the finish coat. When used on smooth surfaces, Primall is ready to use without the need to sand. Primall can even be applied over lightly rusted surfaces as an anti-corrosion primer.
It also improves the performance of the finish and makes applying the finish easier.
Ideal Uses for Primall
- Can be used on a wide variety of interior surfaces such as walls, ceilings, doors, cabinets, furniture etc.
- May be used on external surfaces if sheltered by roofing – Not on exterior facades, cinder blocks, stucco etc.
- Use on porous Surfaces; plaster, cardboard, cement, brick, wood, old coatings etc.
- Use on non-porous and smooth surfaces; aluminium, galvanised metal, PVC, plastic, varnish, ceramic tiles etc.
Surfaces must be clean, dry and free of all dust, grease, oil, wax, excessive chalky material and other surface contamination, which may affect adhesion.
Remove all loose and flaking material back to a sound surface by sanding and scraping. Wash surface with Soapclean or another suitable cleaning agent, not washing-up detergent.
Treat and remove any mould with a suitable mould killer.
Remove as much of the stain as possible by washing, sanding scraping etc.
- Use as is. Do not dilute.
- Stir well before and during use.
- Apply 1 or 2 coats of Primall – coverage will vary depending on application method, type, texture, age and porosity of the surface.
Clean all tools and equipment with white spirits or cellulose thinners immediately after use.
Things to remember
- Cover and protect everything you do not wish to coat.
- Apply between 5°C (41°F) and 30°C (86°F). RH <65%.
- Do not apply to hot surfaces.
- Ensure the room is well ventilated.