Reactiv Leaf Rust is an anthracite coloured reactive paint.
When combined with Rust Spirit, it allows you to create a natural decorative rust effect on nonferrous metals and other surfaces. It does this by reacting with the metal particles in Reactiv Leaf Rust.
Use it to up-cycle any thing, from interior design ornaments, to garden features to walls!
Ideal uses for Reactiv Leaf Rust
- Once applied, can be used alongside Rust Spirit
- Revamp your interior or exterior design
- Decorate home ornaments
- Use on external garden surfaces
Before you start
- Cover and protect everything you do not wish to coat.
- Apply between 5°C and 25°C.
- Do not apply to hot surfaces.
- Surfaces must be in good sound condition, clean, dry and free of all grease, oil and other surface contamination.
- Meticulously clean surface using a suitable cleaning agent depending on the substrate and contamination e.g. Acetone, Hot Soapy Water (rinse thoroughly) etc.
Non-Porous and Difficult Surfaces (Plastic, Glass, Stainless Steel, Non-Ferrous Metals etc)
Primer surface with Absolute Primer prior to using Reactiv Leaf Rust.
Surfaces Sensitive to Acids (Woods high in tannin e.g. Oak, Chestnut. Some Plastics)
Primer surface with Blocking Primer prior to using Reactiv Leaf Rust.
Note: Reactiv Leaf Copper is not required on ferrous surfaces.
Application of Reactiv Leaf Rust
- Use as is. Do not thin.
- Stir or shake well before use.
- Apply a coat of Reactiv Leaf Rust to the surface being treated.
- Allow to dry.
- See Rust Spirit Technical Data Sheet for next stage.
Using a brush to apply Reactiv Leaf Rust with a dabbing action allows for a very natural rust effect to be created (see video).
Soap and water.