Rust-Oleum Hard Hat Topcoat is the number 1 industrial paint aerosol, a top quality high performance topcoat for use on bare metal, wood and concrete that is ready to handle after just 30 minutes (at 20°C).
Heat-resistant up to 100°C, Hard Hat Topcoat aerosols are available in 45 RAL colours and can cover up to 2.5 m² per spray can (at 25 μm dry). Recommended for small jobs, spot touch-up and general maintainence, Rust-Oleum Hard Hat Topcoat should be applied over Rust-Oleum Hard Hat 2169/2182 Anti-Rust Primer, or properly prepared painted substrates, and used in light industrial exposures, normal humidity and interior applications.
Features & Benefits
- Convenient spray can topcoat for small maintenance jobs or for touch-up
- Fast drying short oil soya alkyd - ready to handle in just 30 minutes (at 20°C)
- Available in 45 RAL colours
- Matt & satin finishes available in black and white
- Other colours (including RAL9005 Black and RAL9010 White) available in gloss
- Best available hiding power
- Heat-resistant up to 100°C
- Based on lead and chromate-free pigments
- Up to 2.5 m² coverage per spray can at 25 μm dry
- See below for more detailed drying times and technical data
|100°C (dry heat), above 65°C discoloration may occur
|DRYING TIMES AT 20°C/RH 50%
|Dry to handle:
|Dry to recoat:
|Within 1 hour or after 48 hours
Recommended Wet Film Thickness
Recommended Dry Film Thickness
2.5 m² per spray can at 25 μm dry
Practical coverage depends on many factors such as porosity and roughness of the substrate and material losses during application.
Remove dirt, grease, oil, loose rust and all other surface contaminants by appropriate means. Prime or spot prime with the recommended RUST-OLEUM Primers. Sand intact coatings to provide a proper key for adhesion. The surface must be clean and dry during application.
For good results the relative humidity shall be below 85% and the temperature of the can above and substrate 0°C.
Remove cover cap. Shake vigorously for at least one minute after the rattle of mixing ball is heard. Shake frequently during use. Hold can approx. 25 cm from surface. Use back and forth motion keeping can parallel with surface. Ensure that can is in motion when spray button is pressed to avoid runs and sags. Apply several thin layers at a few minutes interval to achieve adequate coating thickness. After use turn can upside down and press spray button for 2 - 3 seconds to clean valve.
Bright topcoats may need a light coloured primer/intermediate coat.
- VOC level: 640 - 650 g/l