- Decorative fire upgrade and finish in one coat. Protects bare and painted ceilings coated with a combination of acrylic and vinyl types of paint to achieve BS EN Class B and old Class O.These results achieved at UKAS approved Fire Test Laboratory.
- Protects bare and painted walls from low risk Class 1 , moderate Class 2 risk multi-layer painted walls and ceilings of waterbased paint to BS EN Class B s2 dO - the safest standards for toxic smoke s1 flaming droplets dO and flamespread. Compliant to old Class O. These results achieved at UKAS approved Fire Test Laboratory over 10, 14 and 20 coats of paint applied over several years to demonstrate real world protection.
- 91.5% Coronavirus reduction in 2 hrs - Anti-Viral 1 Log compliant for coated surfaces 99.9% bacteria reduction in 24 hrs. Anti-Bacterial 1 Log Compliant coated surfaces
- Finished system provides a smooth aesthetically pleasing durable finish proven to resist scuffing in high traffic commercial and residential settings when tested to ISO:11998:2006 making it ideal for walls in corridors, stairwells and lift lobbies
Note: for the highest resistance to stains and scuffing always use Satin.
- Colour range - NCS, RAL, BS4800, BS381 and Thermoguard Select - enter in box provided or contact us for further assistance.
How it works
Safewalls OneCoat Anti-Viral Smoke and Flame Retardant emits a safe fire damping vapour in a fire to control flame spread and suppress smoke. Safewalls OneCoat SFR’s polyurethane hardened acrylic “cross-links” during the drying process to form a smoother, harder, more cleanable surface than typical wall paints and help eliminate the microscopic pockets that host bacteria which prevent effective cleaning. A unique concentrated mix of safe, biocidal metal encapsulated nano-particles attacks viruses and bacteria that settle on surfaces, damaging their protective “envelope” to kill their live cores and disable their spikes penetration of lung’s cells
Fire Test: FIRE TEST STANDARDS in UKAS and EOTA - accredited Fire Test laboratory BS EN Class B s1 d0
(old Class 0 compliant) over 10, 14 and 20 coats of all wall paint types used on buildings since Vinyl, acrylic, oil based, anti-graffiti, with or without wallpaper and the flame retardant paint that emits toxic antimony gas.
Microbial Test: Surfaces coated with Safewalls are designated Anti-Viral in just 2 hrs
91.5% “1 Log” Coronavirus reduction in 2hrs to approved test ISO 21702
99.9% “1 Log” bacteria reduction in 24hours to approved test ISO 22196
In approved UK Microbiology Laboratories.
Pack Sizes: Sold in 25 sqm, 50 sqm and 100 sqm pack sizes to aid correct application
Coverage :Follow on can guide to coverage to enable project Certification.
Drying Times: In normal conditions product will be touch dry in an hour and fully dry after 4 hours
Application Conditions: Do not apply in temperatures under 8°C or above 30°C. Maximum relative Humidity below 75%. Surface should be at least 3°C above the dew point.
VOC Content Low VOC EU limit for this product (cat A/i) is 140 g/l. This product contains 16 g/lv
Composition Catalytic and safe vapour-emission compounds, nano-particle encapsulation- enhanced biocidal metals, water-based polyurethane hardened cross-linking acrylic
Prior to other preparation, treat mould and stubborn stains with proprietary mould inhibitor as per manufacturer's instructions.
Surfaces must be clean and fully hard dry. Abrade surfaces to give a good key
Stir well before use
Apply 1 coat Thermoguard Safewalls Onecoat at 10sqm/litre over paster or similar colours
On bare dry-wall boards or bare plaster, first apply 1 coat Thermoguard DryWall & Plaster Primer
Brush Or Roller: Use woven short pile roller sleeve or synthetic brush
Spray: Pressure Pot and Gun conventional with hand-portable compressor.
Thin 5% water
OR Airless Graco 1500, 3500 or equivalent. 3/8” line, 30 mesh filter on machine, no filter in gun. 521, 523, 621 or 623 tip. Ensure coverage is applied as per can i.e., 20 sqm can covers 20 sqm.
Certificates Once the works are complete, a project and area- specific Certificate available after due diligence via www.thermoguard.co.uk stating any project specification number.
Cleaning: Return as much unused material to its original container as possible. Wash brushes, rollers and guns with clean water immediately following use.
Health And Safety: Please refer to the relevant Safety Data Sheet for full details of this product
Apply all products according to BS 6150:2019- Buildings Painting Code of Practice
Do not store this product in cold temperatures below 5°C or above 30°C.
Store in a dry secure place away from children or animals.
Dispose of in accordance with local authority waste disposal measures.
Do not pour into drains or watercourses. Reduce- Reuse- Recycle.