Thermoguard Thermoproof Interior Fluid is a clear, colourless, penetrating Fire Protection with an optional functional Thermoguard Thermoproof Interior Sealer for wear, damp & UV resistance available in clear or woodstain colours.
Fire protection fluid for porous internal wood.
- Bare uncoated
- Clear Sealed
- Woodstain Sealed
How It Works
In a fire, Thermoproof Fluid reacts with the woods cells to create a flame & heat resistant barrier. Thermoguard Thermoproof Interior Sealer (optional) is a flame-retardant sealer.
- Bare wood effect
- Clear sealed - matt or satin
- Woodstain* - matt or satin
*For available colours see below colour card.
UKAS Fire Test Standards
- BS EN Class B s2 dO
- Class O
Note: This product does not achieve 30 or 60min fire resistance.
- Bare wood option - 1 coat Thermoguard Thermoproof Interior Fluid
- Clear sealed finish:
1 coat Thermoproof + 1 coat Thermoguard Thermoproof Interior Sealer Clear**
1 coat Thermoproof + 1 or 2 coats Thermoguard Thermoproof Interior Sealer Woodstain**
*Resists light cleaning & handling.
**Allow Thermoproof to fully dry (min. 4 days) before applying any sealer.
***2nd coat for added UV protection, damp rooms or moderate cleaning.
NOTE: To check final effect, apply to test patch before application to entire area.
A Certificate of Supply can be issued on request for projects for insurance, Fire and Building Control Authority and Client Records.
Brush, Roller, Spray
- Thermoproof Interior Fluid - 20m², 80m²
- Clear + Woodstain Sealer - 20m², 80m²
Apply to dry wood (Max. 16% moisture), above 5°C in dry conditions.
Limitations - Stained, Varnished or Painted Wood
- For treatment with Thermoproof to be effective, it needs to be able to penetrate the wood.
- Thermoproof can be applied over water-based penetrating wood dyes that do not seal or make the wood water-proof.
- To fire protect painted wood, see Thermoguard Timbercoat.
- To fire protect clear normal varnished wood, use Thermoguard Fire Varnish Basecoat & Thermoguard Fire Varnish Overcoat.
- To fire protect external stained varnished, woodstained or other coated wood, contact Technical Dept.
New Fire Regulations & Tests Explained
- The new fire standard BS EN test lasts 20 minutes with airflow replaces the old BS 476 tests which lasted 10 minutes and strangely restricted airflow.
- The new standard for flamespread and heat release Class B replaces Class O.
The new BS EN tests also monitor -
- Smoke & Gas “s” – s1 + s2 are none or very low & compliant levels, s3 = moderate , s4 = heavy smoke.
- Flaming Droplets or Airborne particulates – dO is none, d1 = low, d2 = moderate, d3 = high levels.
Environment & User Friendly
Thermoproof Interior Fluid, Thermoproof Interior Clear & Woodstain Sealers are water-based and environment friendly.
Products Manufactured under ISO 9000.